About Me

Mother taught. Personally innovated. I love food.

Search DocApril

Monday, March 21, 2011

Latin Rubbed Grilled Pork Loin Pesto Flatbread


What do you do with leftover grilled pork loin?

Make grilled flatbread, of course!

Step 1:  Roll out the dough.  I was lazy and bought pizza dough from the store, pre-made.  What?!  Yes.  For $0.99, which is less than the cost of the 5-6 cups of flour you'd need these days, you can save yourself the hassle and rising time.  Oh, and it stores well in the freezer for that last minute, "How do I best re-purpose these leftovers?" kind of dinner!

Step 2:  Brush dough with EVOO and grill on very high heat, about 3-4 min per side to get nice grill lines.  Dough will bake in oven later, so it's okay for it to be a bit soft in the middle still.

Step 3:  Spread grilled flatbread with any sauce or moisture base you want.  I used a cilantro pesto I made fresh from my herb garden because the rub on the pork loin had a cayenne, cocoa powder, chili, cumin base of flavor.

Step 4:  Top with anything else you want.  Here, I used caramelized onions, mushrooms, and a bit of Havarti cheese.

Step 5:  Garnish with fresh herbs: cilantro.


No comments:

Post a Comment