About Me

Mother taught. Personally innovated. I love food.

Search DocApril

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Red Velvet Cheesecake with Chocolate Covered Mini Pretzel Sticks

Happy Birthday to four people today!  This called for some super rich dessert!  I first had this at a local restaurant on my birthday about 2 years ago; and I could not get it out of my mind (and I'm not the dessert person).

Here it is - I pretty much followed a recipe--wow!  It's from Southern Living (clearly - where else would there be a recipe for cheesecake with a layer of cream cheese icing on top?!).  It's delicious!  I added my own twist of chocolate covered mini pretzel sticks, and I also used Oreos for the crust, not chocolate grahams.


It's also very festive for the holidays!






Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to everyone! I hope you saved me a piece! YUM!

    ReplyDelete